14 Fearlessly Sassy Quotes from Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon

Princess Margaret Rose, Countess of Snowdon. Image: Wikimedia

Princess Margaret Rose, Countess of Snowdon, was Queen Elizabeth II's younger sister. Admired for her beauty and glamour, she nevertheless drew the attention of the media for the struggles and controversies of her personal life. Nevertheless, it could be said that for all her misgivings, the princess had lived life the way she wanted it.  Let us draw some inspiration from one of the Royal Family's most colorful figures.

1. On what makes her truly happy…
“Disobedience is my joy!”

2.  On being the “wicked” sister…
"It was inevitable, when there are two sisters and one is the Queen, who must be the source of honour and all that is good, while the other must be the focus of the most creative malice, the evil sister."

3. More on her being the “evil” sibling…
“When my sister and I were growing up, she was made out to be the goody-goody one. That was boring, so the press tried to make out that I was as wicked as hell.”

4. On what she would never, ever tell anyone…
“I have no intention of telling people what I have for breakfast.”

5. On why she refused to tie the knot with Capt. Peter Townsend…
“I would like it to be known that I have decided not to marry Group Capt. Peter Townsend. Mindful of the church's teaching that Christian marriage is indissoluble, and conscious of my duty to the Commonwealth, I have resolved to put these considerations before any others.”

6. Gratitude…
 “I am deeply grateful for the concern of all those who constantly prayed for my happiness.”

7. On what she feared constantly…
“I have always had a dread of becoming a passenger in life.”

8. On her children’s real status…
“My children are not royal; they just happen to have the Queen for their aunt.”

9. Not an angel nor a Bo-Peep…
 “I’m no angel, but I’m no Bo-Peep either.”

10. She kind of knew who the legitimate royals were…
“I detested Queen Mary. She was rude to all of us except Lilibet, who was going to be queen. Of course, she had an inferiority complex. We were royal, and she was not.”

11. On what kind of an heir she actually was…
“I'm the heir apparent to the heir presumptive.”

12. On privacy…
 “I have as much privacy as a goldfish in a bowl.”

13. She utterly adored her sister on this one department…
“The Queen is the only person who can put on a tiara with one hand, while walking down stairs.”

14. Her family weren’t into fights that much…
“In our family, we don't have rifts. We have a jolly good row and then it's all over.”

Perhaps, you'd like to read more about Princess Margaret? Check out these links.



Comments

  1. In cases where a urine test doesn’t produce satisfactory results, blood tests come to the rescue. A blood test is a long and meticulous test and requires more sophisticated equipment. It can detect weed in your system for up to 45–60 days if you are a regular weed user.The testing of saliva to detect the presence of drugs is the least commonly used method. A saliva test is performed rapidly and is a part of the federal government or roadside law enforcement drug test. It screens the swab of a person’s mouth to detect the presence of drugs in it. Visit: https://www.urineworld.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts